For more than 30 years, Centennial has been renovating, upgrading, retrofitting spaces for a wide variety of uses – creating unique places for clients to work, learn, train, research, heal, and serve. With more than $4 billion in diverse projects completed, Centennial delivers expertise, quick project delivery, and a comprehensive services approach that delivers high levels of client satisfaction. Our portfolio includes almost every project type including the following.
Centennial is one of the largest facility renovation contractors in the United States with offices throughout the country. Because of our proven ability to overcome a wide variety of project challenges, clients trust us with their building retrofits and facilities upgrades, no matter how messy or complex. While we literally have thousands of project examples, some examples have been highlighted below.
At some point, every facility owner will face some sort of emergency project, often caused by unforeseen weather such as hurricanes, tornados, flooding, or winter weather. Centennial understands that the challenge is to know how to best execute the plan at the time of the incident. The key ingredient is responsiveness, collaboration, trust and understanding.
With offices in over 30 states, hundreds of employees and a huge network of subcontractor and supplier partners throughout the nation, the ability to mobilize teams and resources quickly, we can respond quickly to a need in any geographic region. We understand the need to respond where and when you need us. We bring unique building skills and an understanding of code compliance during disaster responses including the utmost consideration for safety of the public, government, state, and municipal officials, our partners, and our own staff.
The more quickly operations and facilities return to normal, the less impact there is to our clients’ operations. Our experience, capabilities, and resources allow Centennial to respond and mitigate emergencies and property disasters quickly providing relief and assistance. We understand that every minute buildings and other structures are closed or out of service, it impacts our clients.
Upon a request for assistance, a Centennial-led team headed by a skilled Project Manager will respond and assess the need. Quickly assembling the response team, we will begin mobilization efforts to the impacted location coordinating with our client’s leadership. Constant communication among the team and local client representatives will occur to ensure quality of ongoing support and getting operations back up as quickly as possible.
Some examples of our emergency responses include:
- Emergency response for winter weather at the Washington Navy Yard, DC
- Hurricane Ike emergency response for Harris County, TX
- Flood emergency response after Hurricanes Isabel, Ernesto and Ida at Fort Monroe, VA
- Emergency roof assessment and demolition for the Naval Surface Warfare Center, VA
- Emergency relocation of the Navy Headquarters Building, Indian Head, MD
- Emergency relocation of the Commander of Naval Installations Command headquarters from Anacostia to the Navy Yard, DC
- Hurricane preparation for Brownsville Independent School District
- Emergency response from Hurricane Harvey for Harris County, TX
- Earthquake repairs for the City of Seattle, WA
A successful historic renovation is one of the most difficult jobs in the construction industry. At Centennial, we understand we are responsible for the production of a safe, attractive, finished building as well as the accurate reproduction of history and the security of any historical items contained in the building. At the same time, we have to take appropriate measures to avoid disruption to people around and inside the site. Specifications must be met exactly, and extensive background research is often required. Paint colors and wall finishes, for example, have to be held constant in a renovation.
The contractor blends history with current technology. Often, some of the most important characteristics of an historic building, like windows and mechanical systems, are directly at odds with energy-saving criteria like the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) certification. Hazardous materials can be found in historic buildings, posing a health threat to the construction crew. Our renovation teams work to incorporate today’s advancements while maintaining the historical integrity of the building.
Centennial has completed an extraordinary array of renovation and repair projects at historic properties throughout the US, including many designated as National Historic Landmarks. Upon completion it navigates historical agencies for the review and approval of historical renovation projects. We consistently exercise the utmost care to ensure our results meet preservationists’ standards. Project examples include:
- Winch House, Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC
- Thayer Hall, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Gadsby’s Tavern, Alexandria, VA
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
- Dayton Aviation Heritage Center National Historical Park, Dayton, OH
- Kuhn’s Hall, Fort Meade, MD
- US Capitol, Washington, DC
- Nininger Hall, US Military Academy, West Point, NY
- State Capital Museum, Olympia, WA
- Tivoli Fountain, Washington State Capital, Olympia, WA
- Bartlett Jewelry Lab, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- Auburn Avenue Research Library, Atlanta GA
- U.S.S. Antietam Model U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
With more than 30 years of multidisciplinary experience, Centennial streamlines renovations and provides turnkey solutions to produce optimal outcomes for a variety of needs:
- Demolition and abatement
- Scope development and field verification
- Comprehensive estimating and scheduling
- Comparative cost and life cycle analysis
- Careful coordination and communication with all stakeholders
- Permitting and licensing
- Comprehensive preconstruction planning and phasing to match client goals
- Subcontractor and supplier procurement and expediting
- Building system upgrades: structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, security, fire systems, data networks, etc.
- Sustainable solutions; LEED analysis and management
- On-site construction management
- Safety and quality control management
- Emergency response and remediation
- Seamless commissioning
Centennial has provided renovation services for thousands of clients. We have shared some of our success stories below.
With three decades of experience in specialty renovations, Centennial understands that quality means systems that operate in coordination and with the users’ comfort in mind. It also means that these systems are sustainable and durable. Throughout the completion of thousands of similar projects, we have been able to hone our processes to meet every challenge and deliver for our clients.
“We thoroughly enjoy working and collaborating with Centennial as a partner in our projects. They bring value to the projects, and contribute constructively in an advisory role as well.”
Jennifer Bennett, Senior Construction Manager, Oklahoma State University