Centennial recognizes that construction is an inherently dangerous business and we are committed to providing a workplace that is safe and the training necessary to maintain it as such.Safety is at the core of our success!
Our Safety Mission Statement:
Safety is the single most important thing we do. Safety is more important than profit, quality, schedule, or customer satisfaction. If we cannot perform work safely, we will not do it. Safe is the only way we do business.
How do we do it?
- Culture: Centennial works to promote a "safety culture" through special luncheons for subcontractors, developing a safety Website, increasing safety personnel, and requiring training within 30 days of hire for all staff, safety fairs, etc.
- Leadership: Senior management is committed to safety. Safety is a key part of all our strategic planning and efforts. Safety makes for smart business actions.
- Incentives: Recognition programs help to foster performance improvement and loyalty as well as increase the quality on our projects. Our people and subcontractors work hard to maintain a safe environment. It is important that they are recognized for their efforts and results.
- Benchmarks and Goals: We track both project team and subcontractor performance. We set goals and objectives such as zero accidents, no lost time, education/training, performance improvement, attitude and commitment, etc.
Training: We hold numerous training sessions, fairs, and luncheons. In addition, safety training is required within 30 days of hire. We have implemented safety fairs at divisional offices throughout the country because they have proven to be an effective way to reduce work-place accidents. The fairs include demonstrations of safety equipment, discussion sessions, and lectures on safety issues ranging from fall protection and scaffolding to excavations and writing safety plans.
4 safety team members
- Continuous Improvement: At Centennial we continue to raise the bar everyday, every site, through every employee!
Our safety record:
We are justifiably proud of our job-site safety record. Centennial has received numerous safety awards from professional industry groups that confirm the success of our safety program.
- We were awarded the STEP award by the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) in recognition of a "Gold Level of Achievement" and "ongoing efforts in the development of a quality safety program".
- Centennial also received the Paragon Safety Award from the Virginia Chapter of ABC. This is an award that we have won in recognition of our commitment and achievements in safety management.
- 81 Centennial and 12 Joint Venture Contracts with NO Incident
- Out of 612,130 man-hours worked only two (2) injuries were recorded and zero (0) lost work days.
play free games juegos gratis auto japan